neděle 10. dubna 2022

Quilt 6 - In the Garden

 

Yesterday night, the last stitch was done on the sixth quilt of the series Fields, Gardens & Meadows. Or better, the quilt was declared done. I could imagine much more stitches, details, last touches, but time is relentless and  thousand little things need to be done before the exhibition (only two weeks to go!).

I started in the middle of March without a thorough plan. Following my immediate feelings and movings of my fingers, step by step, night by night, I created a view into a garden with different flowers and weeds. My limitations were the same as with other quilts from this series – linen background and sewing by hand using my dyed fabrics and threads. The last rule was broken the very last evening by using the beautiful silk threads by OliverTwists, when embroidering the weed.

I started with quilting the background and fixing raw edges with uneven sewn fly stitch. 


 

Then the first stems and leaves came out of the ground.


 

The plants got flowers.

 

As I said, I followed the instant movements and feelings, which were quite changeable, as you can see:


 

More and more details were added:


 

Welcome to my garden!


 



Happy stitching!

Michaela

 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat