neděle 21. ledna 2024

Golden Fish

I bought some Tula Pink fabrics a few weeks ago. Tula Pink fabric is something, that you admire and play with first, then you add it to your stash and admire it again and again, and only when you really must, you cut into it at last. And so it was with those fabrics too.  I was thinking about a special gift for my great English teacher and looked through my fabric treasures to find something exceptional. Holding Tula Pink fabric with golden fish in my hand I realized, that I had found the right one. A golden fish that can fulfill three wishes!

The fish was a great motif for the centre of the star block I learned at the end of the year, and there were exactly the right shades of Grunge fabrics in my stash, so I was able to start sewing immediately.


The way I sew the star blocks produces two blocks in one go, which I like very much.


For Věrka, I chose the brighter one:  

On the back, I used the selvages of Grunge fabrics, I love them!



I finally decided to try a new way to make a zipper pouch. It turned out very nice. 


I had to cut off a piece of the bright back panel at a certain moment. The piece was so beautiful and cheerfully colorful that I didn't have the heart to just throw it away. After some thinking, I made a tag using an inscription from the selvage of a Cori Dantini fabric. 

 

The other panel was changed into a cute zipper pouch in a classical way. 






Woow, a nice first project of the New Year, isn’t it?


Happy sewing

Michaela 



Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat