pátek 12. července 2024

Upcycling a Bag in Boro Style


It´s unbelievable how time is flying. In 2016 I made a small series of „book bags“ for the exhibition in our town library. My daughter fell in love with one of them and has been carrying it since then. This is how the bag looked in 2016.


In 2022, the truly beloved bag had to be repaired. I made a new binding and covered the bottom with new fabric. (You can read the whole story here).

Nevertheless, after two more years, the bag wasn´t wearable anymore.


The outer part of the bag was in a horrible state, but surprisingly the inner side, made from canvas, was completely fine. Then I said to myself: I covered the bottom of the bag with new fabric two years ago already, which was fine, so why not cover the whole bag with new fabrics? I liked the idea very much and it was clear, that I found my hand-sewing project for the summer holiday. 

I covered the whole bag with patches of different Japanese fabrics and quilted with white and blue sashiko thread. 




And  this is how the beauty looks today








Isn´t it beautiful again?

Happy sewing!

Michaela 





 

 

 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat