sobota 1. června 2024

Little Joys

I haven´t been writing my blog for some weeks (sometimes I suffer from what I call "writing-laziness"), but I have been sewing of course. Besides some bigger projects in progress now, I spent many happy moments sewing little somethings. Let´s look at them!

I love every centimeter of my precious fabrics and have never thrown away any small piece except for what you would call micro or nano pieces. When sewing patchwork, you don´t usually use fabric selvages, they have to be cut off. But fabric selvages are often really charming, they contain information about the name of the fabric series and colour references, which are sometimes lovely little pictures referring to the fabric print like mushrooms, hearts, pumps, apples, fish, and so on. Some designers pay big attention to this „selvage design“. Although cut off, they are loved and carefully stored in a big plastic box, waiting for further processing.

I used fabric selvages from fabrics by Cori Dantini (the writings) and other designers (the pictures) in combination with narrow bias bands I could buy recently, to create some key fobs. I actually wanted to make more, but I ran out of metallic rings:) I like the outcome very much, they make great presents for friends.  




Since I like making key fobs of any kind, I immediately fell in love with key fobs by Quiltwerke. They are foundation paper-pieced and allow the use of small pictures. I bought the pattern and tried some of them out. Well, my work is not really bad, but the patterns require precision which obviously goes beyond my ability:) Nevertheless, I surely give them another try.






I like giving presents which can be eaten or used up in some way, like tea, dried fruits, nuts, or homemade cookies. Nevertheless, this requires a little charm or tag or another little something that helps you to transform „just a pack of nuts“ into something very special. Like a fabric tag with pictures by Anita Jeram:




Happy sewing!

Michaela

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat