úterý 12. prosince 2023

Christmas Preparations 2023

 


I love Advent time. I love lighting up candles, meeting friends, filling advent calendars with sweets, preparing small gifts for friends and colleagues, and making greeting cards. (Yes, we are old-fashioned and still send handmade cards by post…). I love the house smelling like gingerbread. 

I happened to get some beautiful Christmas and winter panels by Anni Downs, Cori Dantini, and Anita Jeram. All of them are absolutely cute and inviting for adding patchwork, embroidery, quilting an embellishing. There is not surprising that I planned sewing wall hanging advent calendars with them. Nevertheless my planes were revealed far too optimistic and clashing with my work duties, therefore I decided to lay them aside for next year (I should definitely start much earlier than in October) and sew some advent bags only. I used motifs by Anni Downs and Dear Stella, appliquéd on linen. They turned out quite nicely. 




In November I took part in a nice project of Bohemia Patchwork Club. All members were asked to sew five Christmas ornaments in classical Christmas colours. Almost 300 ornaments were then sent to the exhibition ground Brno, where they decorated a Christmas tree with them. It is a kind of invitation to the international quilt exhibition PPM Quilt Show Brno. 

Here is my contribution:


I used the EPP Pattern "Kamener Geflecht" by Regina Grewe.



For our colleagues and friends, I made small cushions filled with wool fleece and spice – cinnamon and cloves. They are great to use as key fobs but they look nice on Christmas trees. They are great to use them as key fobs but they look nicely also on Christmas tree.






Happy advent time!
Michaela 









Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat