pondělí 25. prosince 2023

Bag No.62 - In the Garden

In the early spring 2022, I worked on a small series of quilts for the PPM Quilt Show Brno called „Fields, Meadows and Gardens“. I started only in January and the time was really short as the PPM Quilt Show takes place traditionally in April. I counted days, even hours which I could spend on one quilt. Fortunately, I was able to stick to the time schedule and I worked even faster so I had plenty of time for the last quilt. It was the quilt I called „In the Garden“. I had no thorough plan, I just let my fingers work. The plants grew under my hands and got buds and flowers. I enjoyed the work enormously, I liked the outcome then and I still do.


After being shown at some exhibitions, the quilt came back home. Therefore I could fulfill my colleague's wish to make her daughter a bag from this quilt. I liked working with the quilt again and I especially love the fact that the quilt will be „exhibited“ every day when carrying the books to school.



 


Happy stitching!

Michaela 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat