úterý 24. září 2024

Three Blue Fellows


Two moments preceded the birth of these three blue pillows.

The first one happened, when I saw a preview of the fabric collection by French General called Bleue De France.  I´m not what you would call „classical“ quilter, nevertheless I fell immediately in love with the fabrics and ordered a pack of fatquarters. Having the fabrics at home, I wasn´t able to cut into them, it was such a beauty…

The second moment came in March of this year when my friend Darja brought three pillows to a tell-and-show event, three classical beauties, hand-sewn and hand-quilted. I immediately knew this would be the right use for my blue cotton darlings. 

The first step was that I had to learn a different hand-sewing method than EPP, sewing along a line without any paper templates. It was a little bit tricky in the beginning, but step by step I got used to it, and voila - The Y-seams were not difficult at all!  I fell in love with this sewing method, it´s such a great opportunity to slow down!

I made plastic templates for fussy cutting and spent many happy moments choosing the motifs for the pieces.



Once the pieces were cut I could start sewing. I took sewing everywhere with me and enjoyed it very much.

 


I added borders on the sewing machine and quilted on my Baby Lock Sashiko machine. (It´s a pity, but my hands protest very hard against hand-quilting of projects bigger than a zipper pouch.)







I´m really proud of the three pillows. My very first „classical“ hand-sewn patchwork project!

Happy stitching!

Michaela

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat